Tuesday, November 16, 2010

One Year Ago...

I hadn't stopped to think about today's date until after I read the blog post of a friend (McCain's Legacy). 

Today is November 16th.

Do you remember anything about what you did one year ago today?

I do!

After a few months of looking at the photo of a little girl on our agency's list of waiting children, after months of "No, we are not ready to adopt again!" from Christopher, I wrote a strange email to one of the family coordinators at our agency, without Christopher's knowledge.  I told him about it...later. 

My email was full of what if's and maybe's and when's. 

I asked IF this little girl was never spoken for by a family...and WHEN a time came to return her file to China...MAYBE could they contact our family to see IF MAYBE we were then at a place in life WHEN we MIGHT be able to pursue her adoption.

The response we received reminded me that she was open to any family to pursue her adoption and NOT to get attached.  Surely a family would step forward to adopt her, and it would be a LONG time before her file would be returned...months and months and months.  Keep on praying for all the kids.  Oh, and they would make note of our request.

Christopher still said NO when I informed him of what I did.  He had a whole list of all the reasons why this was not practical.

Same man began to change his tune over the next few months!  He began telling clients that we were considering adopting again.  Really?!?  We hadn't done anything!  He started talking about WHEN and not IF.  He then even started telling people that we were considering the adoption of this little girl!!!  Yeah!  He really did!  I blew up at him on that one.  We weren't doing anything to pursue any adoption, we hadn't applied to our agency again, and her file was open to anyone.  So stop telling people we are adopting her unless you tell me that we can!

February 12, 2010, when the email arrived to inform us that her file had been set aside for our family after China had request that all files of children not having a family pursuing the adoption be returned.  "Please apply" so we could official be approved.

Easiest YES ever!

Though my ticker on this blog currently says we have been waiting for our littlest princess for almost nine months, Hadassah Peiwu has been the daughter of my heart for over one year.

Thank you, God, that in your perfect time my sweet little girl will come home to her family who has loved her, prayed for her, and pursued her passionately.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This gave me chills! :-) So neat to see God work. Praying for TA to get here SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love how God weaved this story together. Can't wait to watch more of it unfold in China!

    ReplyDelete

Followers