Monday, November 1, 2010

Nothing...for one more week

Have I mentioned before that the hurry-up-and-wait part of the adoption process drives me CRAZY?!?!?

Yeah, guess I have said that a few times before. 

Well, today is one of those day when it's just pushing me over the edge! 

I've got lots of things to do here at home - painting, dishes, laundry, two bored teenagers at home for a "Professional Day".  Still my mind races with all of the unknowns.  I like being a planner.  I like having my calendar color-coded and organized.  I like to know exactly what to expect next month, next week, and even an idea what challenges lie ahead tomorrow. 

The not knowing is maddening today!

Right now, it is safe to assume that we will be home for Thanksgiving. 

But what about the month of December????? 

Each day that passes I wonder more and more what should I be doing.  Should we buy all our Christmas presents TODAY, put up our decorations, wrap up the presents, and then sit and wait?  Will I be gone during the annual gingerbread house project for my kids school?  Should I start baking houses TODAY, and then delegate and train another mom to take over for me, vats of royal icing and all?  Should I do some serious shopping for our trip, all the things I think we NEED for our princess?  Do I start packing our suitcases?  How many emergency plans do I need to have in place for our kids at home?  Oh, my church kids!  Who will take care of them?  We still need to do some technology trials to see if we could Skype with them too while we are in China. 

Or should I just take a deep breathe and not worry at all because we won't leave until January any how?!?!?

As I said...going a little crazy today.

**********

Would you believe me if I told you that the FedEx guy just delivered the last of the two new suitcases we ordered for this trip, and when I took it to our bedroom there was a ladybug on the floor right by the other waiting suitcase?

**********

The truth is that nothing is happening right now.  NOTHING!  Well, not quite true.  We are still waiting for the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China to prepare a piece of paper called an Article 5.  It should be ready next Monday.  Until then...nothing.  Once that piece of paper has been delivered to the Chinese office in that prepares the final travel approvals our REAL wait for the end begins. Gotta have that TA before we'll know when we can finally meet our daughter face-to-face and begin the next phase of our journey to the new and expanded Wade family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers