Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up,"

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Having a tough day.  Missing my littlest girl.  I just want so much to see her.

The last photos we received eight months ago, in March.  Those twelve pictures were priceless treasures.

Now I have memorized every one.  Magnified the images.  Explored every inch of my girl that I could.

I want more!

Ideally, I like to have my girl HOME!  But today, I wish for some little bit of information, a photo, a hand-drawn picture, anything!

I've been thinking, preparing, and planning what I will share at an adoption seminar for our agency on Saturday.  My girl has been filling my thoughts.

That, and I read online often about other families that receive updates, photos, and even video of their children...and still we wait.  We've sent two care packages already and are planning to send one for Hadassah Peiwu's  birthday.  I send them for my girl, but always with the hope that we will receive some additional information or photos from the orphanage.

So far?  Nothing.

How much has she grown and changed in eight months?  Has she lost any baby teeth?

My "To Do Before Going to China" list is still very long.  I panic when I think about all I need want to get done.  If I don't ge the wallpaper stripped and that dining room painted now, it won't happen for at least another two years.  Can I really look at those mauve and blue tulips for that long?

But if I could leave right now, I would.  I miss my girl.

Father God, could I at least have a picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers