Friday, November 12, 2010

The Great Wall of Wade

For all the painting that I like to do, I'm not really the world's greatest interior decorator.  Color, texture, scale, blah, blah blah - I don't really know much about all that. 

I only hang things on the wall that I like.  It just so happens that most of what I like falls into one of three categories:
1.  family heritage pieces linked to memories
2. pictures or prints with scripture on them
3. pictures of my kids

Plus I really LOVE pictures of my kids!!!  Our house probably looks more like you walked into a photo studio.  Oh well!  I love it!

So part of the whole repaint, reorganize, and redecorate plan includes moving pictures around.  I had a wall of older photos in the basement rec room area, but the frames were a mismatched mess.  I simplified the design and layout by changing all the frames to simple, black frames. 

Another phase of this fall project has been changing out school pictures to the latest and greatest editions.

Finally I finished today!

One fun piece of this project has been adding in a few of the pictures we have of Hadassah Peiwu.

Keziah complained and complained and still complains about NOT being in family photos PRIOR to coming home.  Even though a had a couple of photos of her framed and sitting on shelves with school pics when she come home, it was not enough for her.  She wanted to be on the walls! 

So I got smarter this time!

Hadassah Peiwu's face is mingled in with all the other pictures on the Great Wall of Wade (as Christopher has dubbed it).  Her picture sits with the school photos on the shelf.

As I gazed at all my hard work tonight, it just looked right.  She fits right in with the family.  She looks like she belongs.  Her pictures complete our family.  When I see her beautiful smiling face, all I see is another Wade.

Oh how I want that precious little girl home!

There is a hole in our hearts and an emptiness in our home.  Her bed sits upstairs in the little girls' room waiting for her to snuggle under the covers and giggle with her sister.

Hadassah Peiwu, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers