This past Saturday was non-stop action!
Josiah had to be on the football fields at 7:00am to warm-up for his 8:00am game.
#88 - My Josiah-Boy!
Hot, sweaty, tired, and HANDSOME!
(Yes, totally mama love!)
Changed my t-shrit and sweatshirt in the car to the correct team. Back for more action!
#88 - Elijah on the defensive line
Do you see that mountain that my baby boy was matched up against most of the game?
They double teamed my boy!
Oh yeah! That's my boy reaching out for a tackle!
Just enough time to go home, eat lunch, and re-group! Christopher and Caleb squeezed in yardwork before the rain started. I attempted to finish up work on Sunday morning's children's worship lesson plans.
Now the rain comes! I did mention that didn't I?
We decided to leave all the boys at home to vegetate while we went to be Keziah's supportive parents at her soccer game. This wasn't a thunderstorm with lightning, just rain. So play on, little soccer team!
Back to the rain! Rain makes soccer fields MUDDY, and kids WET and MUDDY! Would you believe that for once Keziah wasn't complaining? She was literally dancing in the mud.
Keziah's version of a Rain MUD Dance!
"MA!"
Yes, my little soccer princess,
Ma caught it all in pictures!
We dashed home so I could get Caleb and we could head out for a long drive to watch Miranda march. I now had on slightly damp jeans and my third t-shirt/sweatshirt combination of the day in order to show support for the band.
Stopping for gas and a drive-thru dinner, Caleb and I were in car for almost two-hours driving to the competition site. Two-lane, winding and curving, country, highway roads in the rain did not make for a fun drive and caused me to decide that no matter how tired I was Caleb, my 16-year-old driver, was NOT driving home. I also decided that he's not the world's best map-reading navigator.
Parking off in the distance, we trudged through the pouring rain to find a bathroom in the school's building for a quick, potty break before Miranda was scheduled to perform.
Why are there no pictures?
Because as I walked out of the bathroom, I got the text from my princess, band geek, daughter that her band decided to withdraw from the competition because they chose NOT to march in their brand, new uniforms and polished shoes through the mucky soup formerly known as a football field.
Back to the car...1 1/2 hour drive back home (including a slight detour due to my navigator misreading the directions in reverse)...stop at the grocery store to pick up M&Ms for Sunday morning...stop by the high school hoping to find my daughter...home with only one child. By the time the buses did return with all the band kids, Caleb and I both had hopped into the shower to warm-up and clean-up. I had to nudge Christopher awake and request that he retrieve our eldest princess.
I dropped into bed for a few hours before getting up to get ready for children's worship!
Weekends wear me out!


















No comments:
Post a Comment