Friday, September 17, 2010

Declaration to the World - NO MORE!!!

I've reached my maximum limit so I'm putting the world on notice.

I have six kids.  Five at home and one we are waiting to bring home (soon, Lord?). 

I love my kids!  Passionately love all my kids!

Mess with any one of them, and you'll be wrestling with the Mama Bear.

But here comes the disclaimer - Though I love my kids, I just can't do everything!

I have been attending multiple MANDATORY Parent Meetings, open house events, academic meetings.  I have reams of paperwork filling my home.  Yes, I have heard your pleas, but I just can't -
- be an active member of four PTA groups
- be an active booster club member for the athletic department, the band, the NFL, the drama club, etc.
- be at every event for every child
- donate and fund every team, club, etc.
- petition my friends and family to purchase all the junk being sold to raise money for every group
- be the room mother, party planner, cook, baker, food provider for every team, club, activity, and event

Right now, I'm drowning! 

Yes, technically I am a stay at home mom who does NOTHING all day long. 

However, I'd really like to have a day like that. 

I may not work outside the home for actual pay, but I still work very hard.  Maybe you'd like the list of all I do, but it makes me too tired just thinking about it...especially the really long list of all the stuff I can't find the time to get done.

My love, care, and concern for my kids is not expressed through all the things I'm not able to do for you and your organization.

Yes, I feel slightly better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers