Friday, September 10, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Drizzle yesterday.  Rain today.

Me?

Okay, I gave up and emailed our family coordinator at our agency.  I don't even think the email made much sense.  I was babbling but direct, "I need some hand holding."  In the middle of typing my six sentences of nonsense, I did cry.

She responded later with positive strokes.  RA's keep coming.  The batches have been smaller.  But they have been coming about every week. 

The summary - Soon...? 

So another week has passed and another weekend is upon us.

Miranda was supposed to march with the band for the first time at tonight's high school football game, but rain and lightning have postponed the game until tomorrow night without the band.  Both little boys have football games tomorrow, and Keziah has a soccer game.  The weather is supposed to clear up by tomorrow.  Oh, but won't those fields be muddy!

Have I mentioned just how much I don't like washing muddy, grass stained clothes and kids?

But I do love watching them have fun!

I plopped down on Keziah's bed to kiss her good night and stared at the other empty bed in the room.  "Are you ready to have a sister sleep with you in your room?" I questioned

Immediately, she wanted to know if Hadassah would be here tomorrow! 

"Nope, maybe before or after Christmas."

"What 'after' mean?"

Okay so that didn't go so well.  Especially when she informed me that Hadassah needed a new bed.  Well, not really a bed, but we need to get her a new mattress.  Both girls really need new mattresses.  As I tried to explain that was on our list of things we needed to buy, but that it cost alot of money she tried to guess how much.

"$200?  "1000 and $200%?"

"Uhm...how about you just go to sleep and let Mom and Dad worry about the money.  Will you let Hadassah sleep when your together in here?"

An innocent face bobbed up and down.

Then I added things like not talking and giggling etc.

A not so innocent smile stretched across her face, but the bobbling head was not quite so believable.

The weather is supposed to be better next week.  Maybe some good news will come with sunny skies on Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers