Thursday, September 9, 2010

Weather Forecast

Watching the weather forecast, I had to giggle a little last night.  The basic conclusion was that the forecaster had no idea what would happen today! 

Either we'd be hit with LOTS of rain or it would probably just be cloudy and drizzly all day.

I've been inside most of the day.  Puttering around the house and working in the kitchen.  So I hadn't really experienced the day much other than a couple of potty trips out with the dog and through the windows.

But I just got back from picking up the boys from school.

I've decided that the weather today fits my mood!

There is a slight chill in the air.  Thick gray clouds hang low in the sky.  It hasn't rained for real today, just ocassional drizzly sprinkles here and there.  The water on the lake was fairly calm but gray.  Everything seems to have been shaded in grays.

It feels like the whole day is pouting with me.

Yeah, I'm in a pouty, gray mood. 

Every day this week, I've been waiting for the phone to ring.  Waiting for that phone call to let us know that our approval has arrived from China.

Nothing.

Oh ,tele-marketers have called.  The kids have called.  The kids friends have called.  My husband has called.  I've been offered vacations, newspaper subscriptions, all sorts of things...but not what I long for most.

My imagination has taken off instead.  I've decided that our file must have landed on the slow guy in the office's desk.  He's just the one who takes forever to process through a file.  His efficiency rating is terribly low.

Or I get worried that something is wrong or missing from our file.  Maybe they didn't like the pictures I sent?  Was one of the kids making a weird face in a picture and I didn't notice it?  Did something get confused in translation? 

I really am working sooooooo hard to trust God...His perfect will and timing.  I just also keep begging Him to let me know the "why" now...somehow.  It sure seems like the waiting and trusting would be so much easier if He'd just tell me why I have to wait.

Have I mentioned before that I NEVER prayed for patience?!?

I don't really want any.

Maybe tomorrow can be a joyful, sunny day.  But today is just my gray, douty, drizzly day. 

There Mr. Weatherman!  There is your forecast for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers