Thursday, September 2, 2010

God's Sense of Humor

So I start with a little confession this morning and write the blog "Mushy Mess." 

Then I decided that it was time to refocus so I snatched up my "Fireproof" soundtrack CD so I could blast my personal adoption journey theme song in the car, "While I'm Waiting."  You may be familiar with this song.  It's the first one on my Playlist here on my blog.

Drove Josiah to school #2 and then cranked up the volume.  Sang along with the radio a few times.  Switched to the song "You Belong to Me."  Cried a little.  Then I was good for the day.  Or so I thought...

I'm painting in the basement today.  Trying to get the new and improved office/homework/computer central area set up. 

Trust me.  This area NEEDED to be painted!!!

The former homeowner had a pool table set-up in the space we now call our "office area."  This wall and formerly another area of the basement were painted a dark burgundy red and sponge painted with black.

My project is to neutralize the colors a little. 
(BTW - Loving the new Behr Ultra paint and primer combo!)

So while I'm painting, I decided not to listen to the local radio station but to use the TV's dish network radio thing.  I thought I might hear some different music.

Second song that comes on..."While I'm Waiting"...chuckled at God.  Okay, Lord, I'm getting it!

Painted a bit and then dashed up to the garage to find some more painter's tape.

As I come back downstairs, I hear the lyrics, "You're not alone."  Yes, Lord, I needed to know that too.

Next song, "Safe" by Phil Wickham -

"You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms"

So, Lord, just a little reminder that my girl is gonna be okay until it's time for me to bring her home.  You are keeping her safe...and me too.

Sense of humor, I tell you.  God just keeps finding ways to meet me right where I am and right when I need to hear from him again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heart is truly aching for you ... I know God is meeting you right where you are, foot stomping and crying, praising HIM or not .. and I am so thankful for that, for you. But I know the longing to hold that child across the ocean. Sweet friend, not one of us questions your foot stomping - we are equally suprised that our steps were not more closely matched. I wish I had words to comfort your heart and more than that I wish I had the ability to offer you that LOA. Know I am praying for your sweet girl and you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers