Saturday, October 2, 2010

Walking It Out

Baking cookies for Keziah's soccer team today with the radio in the background.  The Point of Grace song from several years ago "Steady On" was playing.

Warning - This thought isn't fully developed, but I didn't want to forget it.

The song talks about running ahead or lagging behind God. 

I remembered a sermon from a favorite pastor years ago who talked about the frustration of taking walks with his kids.  Not quite relaxing.  The dawdler is the one you must always encourage to hurry up and catch up.  Flash dashes ahead and requires equal amounts of yelling to stop, slow down, and wait.

I thought about where in the Bible it talks about different individuals who "walked with God."

That was the WOW moment!

Walking WITH God...not running ahead of Him...not dragging my feet...walking with God...right beside Him...in step...stride for stride.

How tough!

I'm forever running ahead and begging God to catch up with me.  (no patience)  Then I struggle to move forward.  I'd rather lag behind in my comfort zone.

Walking with God...no wonder such a statement is worthy of Biblical notation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers