Wednesday, September 22, 2010

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Couldn't help myself.  I should be going to bed, but I'm in the midst of a coughing fit and totally loving (NOT) this cold that won't go away.

What to do?  What to do?

Post pictures of the littlest princess, of course!

First two are from her original referral file. 
These are the first glimpses we ever saw of our little Peanut.
She was probably about 4 1/2 when they were taken.


Hands on the hips!
Fell in love with this girl and knew she was my daughter!


This next group of photos are such a huge blessing.  Hadassah Peiwu resides in an orphanage that is sponsored by the Half The Sky Foundation.  They help train the nannies who care for the children and provide preschool activites to help them as they learn and grow.  The photos were time and date stamped so they reprent about a year's time span.

Love that smile!


Water balloon fun outside


As we pondered this photo, it looks like she came inside and colored a picture of all the water balloons from outside.  Miranda was the first to notice that she wrote her name on her paper.  We can't read a lot of Chinese characters, but we know our girls' names, even upside down.


How do I know that she'll fit right in?  Hmmm...dirt, stains, spills...I'm used to this kind of laundry every day. 
Plus I just love the rocks!  The kids always bring me back rocks from when they go camping.  Our rock garden in front is a family treasure.  Oh, and the shoes!  Did you notice?  Reminds me of the summer Miranda insisted on wearing her sandals on the wrong feet.  All summer long!!!


The best Christmas present we'll ever receive!


Pretty in Pink


Can't get enough of that precious face!


This next series of photos was taken when we requested an update.  It's always a gamble what you'll receive.  With both girls, the updates are short and simple with very little information.  All the pictures we received were just treasures.  These came back in March.  (Hoping that maybe we might receive some new information when we send her care packages.)

Struttin' a little attitude

This next group of slide pictures are priceless!
I'm so glad that we didn't receive just the last one taken or I would have been terribly worried about my sad faced little one.  When you look at the whole serires together, though, you can see the story in her face.
Slide pic #1
"Can I slide down now?"


Slide pic #2
"Are you done yet?"


Slide pic #3
"I'm not happy about this! 
Can't you wrap this up and just get it over with?!?"


100% Wade-atude!

Yes!!!  I'm head over heels in love with this girl! 

Having parented five Wade kiddos, I can guarantee you that this will not be easy!  I often tell this very true story -

Before Caleb was born, I considered character qualities that I thought would benefit my child/children throughout their lives.  I prayed sincerely to the Lord and asked him to give me strong-willed children.  In my ignorance, He answered that prayer FIVE times now!!!  (Trust me.  I have teachers who have had all of them.  They will agree that each one is different, but each one also has an IRON WILL.)  The first four were just preparation for Keziah (poor kid never had a chance).

So here we are, standing on the edge, about to jump into the parent trap one more time.  Yeah, it's scary!  Still, I can't wait to see my littlest princess face-to-face and hold her in my arms. 

**********

Sweet Baby Girl, we're coming! 
Your Mama and Baba are coming to bring you home! 
We love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. wow you have a lot of pictures. When we sent our first care pack in may we got about 5 but most were of cake and a bunch of people. Oh well Ill get to take lots of picts here in a bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. So blessed to have SO MANY pictures of your girl!! And she is ADORABLE!!! Congratulations, AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop smiling. She is a doll! Love the Wade-atude! How blessed you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Love all these precious pics of your girl! Sooooo happy this darling girl has a family waiting for her to come home! She pulled at my heart the first time I saw her on AW's list. I've been praying for her ever since! Can't wait to see her in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers