Sunday, July 25, 2010

Waiting...and Trusting

So don't mute the sound on your computer today, or pause my Playlist just this one time.  Listen to the words and the message of the song "While I'm Waiting".  Soak it in.

How many times have I blogged about how hard the waiting is? 

DON'T go back and count!

Today has been a hard day for my mama's heart.  I want my little girl home so much.

I received an email during church today.  Yes, I am just as bad as the teenagers!  I have been known to text, FaceBook, and receive emails in church!  But I was looking for the email in some ways.  Yesterday, someone mentioned on the chat group for Hadassah's SWI (orphanage) that they had received some information regarding more flooding in the area.  Yesterday, I tried not to panic and just hoped that it was late information from the last time I heard about flooding in her city.  But today's email summary from the group included another parent's report of hearing from their agency that the SWI was evacuated due to flooding.

Okay, I had already been sitting in church cuddling with Keziah and praying for both of my little girls.  Hadassah was just heavy on my heart, and I was again reminding God that I'd like for him to get her HOME quickly.  For Keziah, my prayers reflected the same feelings I've had before when a new baby came into our home.  I know that she's about to have her world rocked.  More than she's aware, I understand that wanting a sibling is not the same as actually getting one. 

I sat reflecting on just how far Keziah has come in just 1 1/2 years home.  When we arrived on US soil in January 2009, we had a newborn we were just getting to know, who was chronologically 6 1/2 years old, but acted like a two or three year old terror.  Now I sat with my sweetheart nestled under my arm just weeks away from her 8th birthday!  She's changed so much!  She's growing up too fast!

And here we stand at the edge...waiting to bring her sister home...knowing that we WILL see some regression out of this princess!

So here I had been praying for my girls, only to discover minutes later that my littlest one is living in harms way.  I have no idea what her exact status is right now.  Where she is living or what the condition of her SWI is at this time.  All I can think of is muck and mire, mosquitoes and disease, and getting my little girl home.

When we paper-chased for real to bring Keziah home, it took almost exactly one year from beginning the paper-chase until we had her in our arms.  January 2008 to January 2009.  BUT we did not see her face and know who our daughter was to be until June 12, 2008.  The wait to bring her home seemed to take FOREVER!  Reality was that it was only seven months before we met face-to-face.

This time we've done everything backwards so we've been waiting since before we began paper-chasing.  It has been over five months! 

Five months of waiting! 

Even if paperwork was processed at super-fast-forward speed, the earliest we might travel would be late November.  That's four more months! 

Reality might look more liked December, January, or even February. 

Totally it up!  Nine months to one year or more!

Yes, I know that a pregnancy lasts 9 to 10 months.  But at least you have a due date.

I'm waiting for my little one to come home.  I know that this is where she needs to be.  And it is so hard!  I'm having to trust God for the details...big ones and little ones.  He's the only one who can keep her safe right now.  I feel so helpless.

Please keep praying for my little one...and pray for lots of little miracles along the way.  I need my God who makes the impossible possible to bring my girl home...in His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers