Friday, July 16, 2010

Sailing Away

Okay this is just one of my weird life postings.

Remeber the pictures of where we live?  Here's a little refresher...


So I was driving down the road towards home today and saw the strangest sight.  The pictures don't show it really well, but there is an upper lake, the damn with an overspill waterfall area, and the lower lake. 

I look over and see the sail of a boat gliding through the trees!

All I could think of was the book "The Wreck of the Zephyr" by Chris Van Allsburg.  It's a children's picture book by an author that I've always enjoyed.  All his books and illustrations are a little twisted.  Wonder why I like them?

Now the reality was that the boat was sailing very close to the damn, but it looked so cool!

Why did I share this?  Cuz I just wanted to share it somebody.  Hmmmm...but if you really think about how fascinated I was by watching this boat, you might start getting concerned about my driving.  I was actually alone in the car at that moment.  Imagine me most of the time with five kids in my car.  Scary, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers