Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Don't Think I Like the Counter Now

When I started adding things to our blog especially for Hadassah's adoption, I was excited to add the counter.  It looked a little silly there for a while counting just days.  Then the weeks started to add up into months. 

So cute...right?

Okay, I hate it now.

"Hate" might be a strong word, but today I'm feeling it. 

It's been over four months and just keeps ticking away closer to five.  I don't like looking at it any more.  Especially knowing that we are still months and months away from Hadassah coming home.

Friday, July 16th, our dossier should go to China.  Once it is officially logged into their system, we wait for it to all be translated and the approved (hopefully without any glitches).  Currently this is happening pretty quickly, 30-60 days.  When we started the paperchase, estimates were between two to four months.  Some even taking upto six months.  After we receive China's approval...more waiting.  Paperwork floats around between the US and China.  Back and forth...back and forth.  Until we finally receive our travel approval.  Then the final travel arrangements can be made.  This whole process is taking about three months or more.  So my personal best guess is that we are still four to six months away from wrapping my daughter up in a big hug.

Simple math here...4+4=8 months minimum

Other possibilities...5+6=11 months...or more

Adoption is like being pregnant without a due date!!! 

I've had four bio kids so I know that a due date is just an estimate.  But at least you can guess that somewhere around that magic date on the calendar, the waiting will end.  But with an adoption, you just never know.

Sorry for whining...again.

I just wish I had a deadline to work towards.  I've lost a little motivation in life right now.  Still have painting I want to get done, but five kids home for the summer kinda changes things.  We haven't even totally settled all their stuff into their new rooms since the great mix-up, switcheroo.  I'm working on KEZIAH's 100 Good Wishes quilt again and trying to get it finished up before Hadassah comes home.  Honestly, I'm feeling so scattered and undone that I can't focus on any one task. 

Ugh!  I hate this, but I really am going to have to go shopping and stop blogging.  Go figure?  The family actually thinks they need food to eat and TP?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers