Friday, July 16, 2010

Lisence Plate Laughter

This one happened a while ago, but with all my computer issues I just haven't had time to share.

Miranda had shotgun duty with me for a Taco Bell run one night.  After complaining all day about other people talking non-stop, Chatty Cathy was going strong.  Even when I commented about the lack of silence, she chirpped about needed to fill the void for me.

Suddenly I explained quizically, " He to how?"

Miranda asked for me to repeat myself.

"He to how?" I responded and pointed in front of our car.

We were sitting at a stoplight and the car in front of us had a lisence plate that read "HE2 HOW."

Miranda laughed at me and declared that ONLY her mom would notice something like that. 

As I attempted to declare to her that I wasn't trying to find odd lisence plates a car pulled up beside us with a plate reading "PD2 DOA."  I'm laughing as I explain to her PD like police department and DOA meaning dead on arrival.  Get it?  "P.D. two D.O.A."

Now she really thinks I'm looking for these when the next car passes us, "... GOT".  Then the next vehicle, "... LIP".

It was just so funny!  None of these were personalized plates.  They were just random combinations of letters and numbers from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

What a laugh we had that night.  Hasn't happened since...because I really don't LOOK for strange lisence plates every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers