Friday, July 16, 2010

A Good Dream

Keziah just bopped into the kitchen all happy and smiles.  It's morning.  This is not her typical attitude in the morning.  She is NOT a morning lark and usually grumbles about how tired she is.  So I had to ask her why she was sooooooo cheerful today.

"I had a good dream!"

Next question had to be, "What was your dream about?"

(This is my retelling as best I can)

We fight bad guys.  We had swords and we fight bad guys for Hadassah.  We won.  You and me, Ma.  We had swords (draws back into a great sword fighting stance with an imaginary sword in her hands).  And Josiah...and Elijah...and Miranda...and Caleb.  (I had to ask about Dad, but he was there too.)  And we fight the bad guys with our swords.  And we won.  And we save Hadassah.  (Big smile and a big hug for me)

So maybe a sword fighting story from a seven-year-old little girl doesn't sound great to you, but it almost made me cry.  My little girl is focused on bringing her sister home that even in her dreams she fights battles to get her. 

Oh, and a martial arts style sword fight is totally Keziah style.  We fought balloon battles in the hotel in China.  She's good!
(Had to add this photo.  Just fun.)
Keziah gave Miranda more details - The bad guy with a sword kidnapped Hadassah, and we save her.

Gotta love this girl!

Oh, and Hadassah, we ALL want you home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers