Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome Back to Fall

The date on the calendar and the humidity and high temperatures may not indicate the change yet, but Fall is arriving in all its glory, splendor, and insanity!

Elijah received a high five from a coach as he comes off the field after some great defensive play

School started last week and so did much of the fall sports season.  Both of the little boys havd chosen to play football this year (and break their mama's heart).  I am very proud of both Josiah and Elijah, but it is just so hard at times to cheer them on when I really want to just wrap them in my arms and take them home.  This is Josiah's second year playing, but only Elijah's first.

That's my Josiah-boy, with the black arm pads,  in the backfield.

Saturday afternoon, they both participated in a tournament of multiple scrimmages agains other teams.  It was so HOT!  Four hours of melting in the sun was more than enough for everyone!


Keziah's Chinese dance class performed the butterfly dance as part of an Ethnic Festival.  The girls were so cute!


Her class will be taking a break for a few weeks which allows just enough time to squeeze in playing soccer.  She will be playing with a new league for her this year that plays their games at the same sports part where the boys play football (yes, I planned that).  Now we'll just move in every week!  :)


Miranda has started marching with the high school band.  Friday night football games and weekend long competitions.

Caleb is auditioning today for the high school's fall play.  Even if he's not part of the cast, he's planning on helping with the crew.

Somehow, everyone needs to squeeze plenty of study and homework time into their busy days.  Add in piano, flute, and violin lessons and practice times.  Oh did I forget church?  Sleep a little and eat lots (growing kids).

I'm exhausted already!

Christopher just asked this morning when I announced that Miranda wanted to start attending the weekly FCA meetings that begin at 6:30, that he wondered when he got ME time.  I have not clue about that, but I did get us new chairs to sit and watch all this stuff that he heartily approved at last night's football practice. 

Hmmm...speaking of needing ME time, we also need to find some WE time soon for a date or two.  The clock ticking in my head reminds me that once Hadassah comes home getting out alone will become even harder.  Oh well, at least we have one date schedule - fly to China for our littlest one to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers