Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gets Me Every Time!

So today I'm filling out all the online forms and information so I can cyber-snoop on my oldest three's grades and schoolwork.  (They really love this!) 

This year it is new and different!

Finally they got smart and have let me enter everybody into one account so that I don't have to type in each child's information each time I need to do a grade check.  Now I can access all from one MASTER MAMA ACCOUNT complete with secret passcode!

I still had to enter each child's name, their student ID number, their super secret random passcode, and then mark how they were connected to me. 

Since I'm such a simple minded person at times, I tend to forget just how complicated some kids' lives can be.  I scanned the lists of "ward," "step-son", "step-daughter," "grandson," and "granddaughter."  Those were just the easy ones!  I was just trying to find the simple labels "son" and "daughter" for my top three.

Then, out of the blue, I caught my breathe.  At the top of the list were the labels "adopted son" and "adopted daughter." 

Why?!?

See, it wouldn't matter to me which kiddo I was filling this form out for...I have three sons and three daughters  PERIOD!!!!

I know that officially one of my kiddos is still in China so I don't yet have the official paperwork that says she IS my daughter.  But...she IS!  So is Keziah!  They are just my kids.  The same as their brothers and sister.

Hmmmm...deep thought just happened to occur as I type...

Ephesians 1:5 NIV
"In love, he predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ..."

Romans 8:15-17 NKJ
 "For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs - heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ..."

Galatians 3:26 NIV
"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus"

All God's promises of adoption as His children through Jesus have become so much more real to me on this side of our adoption journey.  Just as I see all my kids as...well, my kids.  No distinction, no separation.  God sees me as His kid too...just like Jesus.  Loving me without distinction and without the separation created by my sins that have been forgiven through Jesus' blood sacrificed on the cross.

WHOA!  How did I end up there tonight?  I was just gonna complain about that silly form.

So...to all my kiddos - CalebMirandaJosiahElijahKeziahHadassah - your mama loves you all...and so does our great big God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers