Well, I did it. I did one of those things that will surely speed up our adoption wait...
Haircuts!
I scheduled all the family's haircut appointments through the end of December!
Okay...so you're not getting this, are you?
With our larger than average sized family and my obession with planning and Christopher's need for his hair to never appear to grow, I have a set schedule for planning all haircuts. Christopher almost has a standing appointment every three weeks at the same time every week. Occassionally it will be varied ever so slightly, but it drives him crazy when he has to go a full four weeks. The kids and I float between a four and five week schedule to keep the boys' hair nicely trimmed (that was before Caleb decided his "style" is to look like a mop).
Forgot to mention that our stylist is also a cousin. Christopher and I started having her cut our hair before we were married. Oh, and that would also be before she married Christopher's cousin! Our weddings were less than one week apart.
So to keep everyone on schedule and not loose my mind, I usually set appointments for up to six months ahead. Then we can reserve our most convenient times in her busy schedule.
Yes, of course we have both had to reschedule when something comes up. Especially when my older ones get committed to an extra-curricular activity that fill up all their time. Caleb's cast mates thought it was so odd that he couldn't move an appointment after just being cast in the musical last year. I moved others, but not the one the very next week!
Now, why is this insurance that our wait will be shortened?
Duh! Here I go planning out our life through December.
Why?
Because as I sit and stew and look at all the charts and graphs and averages, I'm settling into the notion that it might very well be January or February before we travel to bring Hadassah home. It's hard for me to thrink that we may really have to wait a full year before she come home. My heart aches to meet my baby girl before he seventh birthday on December 2nd. But I figure it will be easier to set my expectations further out, then to spend all my time hoping and dreaming of an earlier time frame, only to get weepy and depressed when it doesn't become a reality.
Now, even with this more average time frame in mind, I can see God making His own plans. Wouldn't it be just like Him to scramble my schedule?
Okay, just saying that probably means that I haven't totally given up hoping that we travel sooner than later.
Hadassah Baby Girl, I want you home! I will trust God's plan for your life and mine, even on hard days. Just know that I love you!
(Oh, and the entire salon can hardly wait to meet you too, Precious Girl!)
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment