Monday, I posted this on FaceBook -
"Really feeling the burden today for all the children waiting for their forever families...in the US and around the world. China is so near and dear to my heart...over 2000 paper-ready kiddos are currently on the shared agencies waiting child list. When do they all get to go home?"
This morning, Christopher rushed in to wake me up because the older two needed schedule consultation. I was rudely jolted out of dream-state and was really grumpy about it too.
In my dream, I was talking to someone...seems like it was at church. Anyhow, they were sharing about how now that their last child was leaving the home for college or whatever, that they just didn't know what to do with themselves. Jokingly she said something like if she was younger she would have thought about having another baby.
Dream me switched into adoption advocate mode!
I pointed out how she and her husband weren't too old to parent and suggested that they join us in China. How they could adopt an older child. Like a 13-year-old before they aged out and could no longer be adopted. Many of these kids waiting for families are just older, they may have a minor special need or even be totally healthy. They are just waiting for their forever families. I started sharing about how awesome it is to experience all the "firsts" of life with an older child. I think I just about had her convinced...then Christopher woke me up!
What a bummer!
I never got to hear her answer!
Awake or asleep, I'm passionate about the plight of the fields of the fatherless...
* over 800,000 children pass through the US foster care system each year
* estimates of more than 140 million children orphaned worldwide
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress..."
James 1:27
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment