Thursday, August 19, 2010

Confused

Sometimes in life I can really see the giant billboard with flashing neon lights, search lights, smoke signals, the whole works!  I can clearly hear and see God's message and direction. 

Usually these are frustrating times for me, because I can't understand why the rest of the world can't see what I see. 

Yeah, I swim upstream a lot in life.

Not quite sure when that started for me.  I can't pin point the moment in time when I slipped from being a goody-two-shoes, uber compliant, shy and timid child into the rebel with a cause that I have become.  But somehow, I'm adapting to going against the flow.

Often I'm just a step ahead of the mainstream.  By the time everyone else catches up to me, I've moved on to the next challenge.

Right now...I'm see lots of billboards in different areas of life. 

Feeling at times like I'm jumping up and down, waving my arms wildly, thinking others might just see it...but they don't.  Most of these are just "DUH!" type stuff.  Not what I would call life changing moments for me, but significant enough that I know God could use them to create eternal changes for others.

However, there is this other one.  To me right now, I'm thinking that I'm seeing a HUGE flashing sign with the whole works.  Feels like it's smacking me upside the head. 

But nobody else can see it.

So here I sit...perplexed and confused.  I feel like I need God to move a few mountains, add a few more signs, or something.  A burning bush would be a good thing right now.  Something totally and only God.

Or else I need roadblock, stop signs blazing red, and closed doors...

...and most of all...I need peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers