Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School Shopping

Counting down the days...summer is almost over.  What an incredibly bittersweet time of year this is! 

Personally, I would LOVE to spend all summer at the pool.  Unfortunately, most of the time I can't drag my kids there.  As "bored" as they claim to be, they'd often rather just vegitate than be out in the heat.  Ugh!  Praying that someday (maybe when they are all grown up) we can get a pool in our own backyard.  Then I'll just never leave home!

True confessions...I NEED them to go back to school!!  All my projects have been put on hold for the summer.  I have TONS of painting and organizing left to do.  Plus I miss my brain.  I think having the kids home all the time takes every last brain cell I have.  Even planning children's worship time every week is more difficult with the house full.

So I've been shopping for all the stuff they need for back to school.  I'm a little short in the "back to school clothing" area right now, but they do have clothes they can wear.  I think I've gotten all the school supplies that I know that they need.  Shopping for high school is more difficult because they don't find out specific items until after school starts (and everything is sold out or expensive).

The challenge for me this year has been that I've been shopping for SIX kids.

Don't think for one minute that my sweet little Hadassah is ever far from my thoughts!

I know that she'll be home and will need school supplies.  I just don't know the when yet.  So everyone at our house keeps asking, "Who's new pink lunchbox is that?"  Duh!  It's your sister's.  Hadassah's!

This is the ironic part of our life right now.  While other parents waiting to adopt younger children debate over whether or not to buy clothing and baby items yet, I'm outfitting a child for kindergarten, crayons and all.  Still, I'm struggling so much.  It's so hard to think of my brand new baby girl going to school. 

Lord, I'm so thankful that You are taking care of all the timing in Your perfect plan, because I keep changing my mind as to what I think would be perfect.  Now I'm wishing for her to be home earlier...like late November or early December (totally not what Christopher's budget plan calls for).  Then we could just enjoy being home as a family over the kids' Christmas break, before the demands of schooling would seem necessary.

Hadassah, we love you so much, Sweetie!  I need you to come home soon so I can KNOW what your favorite colors are.  Keziah keeps reporting what she thinks they are, but she changes your mind for you all the time.  She has great plans for the two of you!  Can't wait for all three of my girl to finally be together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers