Monday, August 2, 2010

One Week...And Yes...I'm Counting!

Today it has been one full week since our dossier was officially logged into the great paperwork processor is China (CCAA).

Maybe it would show more faith if I could sit back and tell you that I don't even worry about the days.  Don't count at all, but I do.  I've already marked up a calendar (in pencil) with numbers so that I can just look at it and know exactly how many days it has been.
Plus, when we're adopting, I become a Rumor Queen addict!  Oh, for all you non-Chinese adopting people out there, RQ is a blog/forum/chat group for adoptive families.  It has been a great source of information and support for me.  And I love it that people way smarter and more computer savvy than myself keep charts and graphs of all sorts of stuff.  They track how long it is taking for people to work their way through the waiting child paperwork process waiting. 

Silly as it may sound, I love to see my name on a chart.  Love watching it move up from the bottom.  Then move to the next chart for the next phase of waiting. When you are just sitting around waiting day after day, it just feels good sometimes to actually feel like your moving somewhere, moving closer to bringing my daughter home

So...I count days...

Maybe it's not really a lack of faith? 

I also just love to praise God when I get to see what He's doing!  Whether our waiting is fast or slow, I want to look back and say, "See what He did!"  Short or long, it will be in His perfect timing!  I want to know.  I want to praise God for exactly what He's doing.

I'll be marking my calendar, and counting the days while I'm praising my Lord.

Hadassah, guess what?  Today makes it one less day until I get to meet you face to face!  Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers