Keziah had a bad dream this morning so Mama got to go comfort my sad little girl. I still don't quite understand the dream, but it involved her memories of her baby (the baby from her foster home in China). Something about flying in the clouds in the baby's bed? All my questions about "why" weren't answered. The baby was safe and not hurt, but still my girl was sad.
She still misses her home in China and her Chinese baby.
Solution! After trying to convince me that she needs to live in China because she's Chinese didn't work. (Sorry, Sweeetie, you live here now...and I love you too much.) She came up with a new and improved plan - We need a baby! A Chinese baby!
Uhm...but we're working to bring home Hadassah...and she's going to share your room...and where would we put a baby...and who would take care of the baby while you are at school...and anything else I could think of.
Nothing worked. So I told her to go ask her Daddy!
Christopher's response, after shock and awe, was that he was too old to hold a baby. Keziah's answer - MOM can hold the baby ! (Household joke - I'm actually 8 months older than Christopher, but all the kids believe I'm still younger no mater what the calendar says.)
So the discussion continued. Christopher still said no to her baby wish. Keziah asked, "Dad, you allergic to babies?"
Christopher and I burst out laughing! See, she also wants a cat. Even tried to buy one from a store owner in China with the change she carried in her purse. But we can't have a cat (and don't want one) because Christopher is allergic to cats.
What a way to wake up!
Uhm...God, if you have another plan for our lives that we don't know about yet, it may take more than Keziah's bad dream request to help convince Christopher. He told me NO MORE...again. Of course, he hasn't said no yet to my latest idea of fostering after some of the kiddos start heading off to college and out of the house?!?
8 years ago



Hello! I just found your blog and realized that we too are on almost the exact same timeline! Our deadline is 6/15 for DTC, waiting on USCIS approval as well so extension here we come! Lovely to "meet" you! Oh, and I'll be ordering one or 8 of those shirts!! Love them and I think we each need one!
ReplyDeleteWow! The web is such a fun place to "meet" and connect with other adoptive families! Fortunately/unfortunately there seems to be a whole bunch of families tracking very closely on dates. Wouldn't it be so much fun to actually all get to be in China together? Thank you, "Serving the King", for your sweet words. All boys!
ReplyDelete