Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Morning Laundry Revelations

Yuck!  The joys of Monday mornings are just yuck sometimes.  Recovering from the weekend is sometimes more exhausting than the week ahead. 

My poor washer and dryer get quite a workout here in Wade World.  With seven people dirtying clothes (and one more on the way), a typical day equals two to four loads minimum.  On the weekends, I usually take a break to allow Caleb and Miranda to wash their clothes.  Yep, this mama didn't want her boy going off to college not knowing how to do a load of laundry so both the biggest kids wash their own clothes (with some supervision).  Josiah would LOVE to do his own too, but I just can't figure out when to squeeze in more time for him.

Any how...two days off means I literally face a MOUNTAIN of dirty clothes on Mondays.  YUCK!

Today, I sorted through the clothes Josiah took on his three day school field trip last week and soccer uniforms from a rainy Saturday. 

So what are my great revelations today?  

I have three boys!  Three stinky boys!

Love my guys, but with the two younger ones my sports fanatics they get dirty.  Josiah and Elijah love to play sports!  Currently both have just finished up soccer (mom loves watching them!).  Josiah is just beginning baseball, which leads into fall football which both want to play this year, and Elijah is waiting for another basketball season after that.  One sport right after another.  One stinky uniform right after another.  (Still want to know who made football and baseball pants WHITE!)  Caleb has decided to give up his stinky cross country clothes this year for the world of theatre.  Oh, please!  Don't think for a minute that he smells any better after long musical rehearsals dancing, singing, and sweating the night away!  Plus, don't even get near costume pieces after endless days and nights of dress rehearsals and performances!

It would be so nice if I could continue typing about how my two girls are sooooooo different, soooooo sweet with sugar and spice and everything nice. 

WRONG!

Bless her sweet little heart, but I had never encountered true kid stains until Miranda was born.  Some how that girl managed to get more dirt, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, and chocolate on her sweet little girly ruffles and lace than Caleb ever had!  And Keziah?  Yep, she's a Wade.  Food, grass stains and dirt follow that child everywhere she goes.  I have to keep a Tide-To-Go pen near the breakfast table for all the mornings when her hot chocolate doesn't always make it in her mouth.

Let's just say that white is a color we avoid in all clothing choices....

So the rest of my laundry revelations?

Hadassah is a Wade too!

How do I know?  Cuz I have pictures! 

I know, I still can't show the world my sweet baby girl, but I cropped some with just her legs.  These are from two summers, when she was 4 and 5 years old.  One even shows her playing in a rock pile.  She has a collection of bumps, bruises, bug bites, and dirt.  As I think of the warm summer months ahead, I'm certain that she'll be adding more to her collection this year too (wishing it was American dirt from my backyard). 







That's my girl!  As much as I love imagining my two little girls dressed in pretty ribbons and lace, ruffles and bows, I also know my God has a sense of humor.  Keziah can't wait for fall soccer because she'll have a break in her Chinese dance class and can play again.  Do you think Hadassah might just have a tomboy-ish side?

Father, please bring my littlest girl home soon.  I long to bandage her boo-boos and wash away all her dirt too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers