I have a real problem that I need to work on - I hate to ask anyone for anything...period.
So why am I proclaiming this to the blog world today?
Okay, here's the long story. (You should know by now that I can't tell a short story).
As much as we truly feel that we are adopting Hadassah in God's time, this wasn't our original plan. Remeber Christopher telling me "NO! NO! NO!" mixed in with something about financial recovery and retirement plans, etc. Well, there wasn't an adoption fund sitting aside for bringing Hadassah home.
I have been racking my brain since we started this process back in February about what I could DO to help with some extra money. Trust me!
I've proposed finding a job. You know the perfect one where they let me work from the time Keziah gets on the bus until the afternoon taxi service starts. But Christopher, the realist, posed the question about when would I get done all the things that I normally do between 9:00am and 2:30pm? Plus, between taxes and more eating out, etc. it would cost us money for me to work.
I've dreamed up fundraising ideas based on what I'm good at. Yes, the list is short! I decided I could do a cookbook with my recipes. Mr. Reality - How much work would it take to do that? Do you really have the time? And who would buy it?
We are going to try to sell some things in a garage sale. But the big neighborhood garage sale is hitting at a bad time for Wade World. I don't know how much I can truly get together for the spring sale here in just a few weeks. Maybe we can join in again in the fall? But still, our junk isn't a gold mine.
So...
Well, I discovered some companies that help adoptive families with fundraising...
Adoption Bug designs cool T-shirts with adoption themes and then allows families to promote the shirts on a special, family website. The adoptive family receives part of the proceeds from each shirt sold. No inventory. No upfront costs. Plus I LOVE the shirts! T-shirts click here
Just Love Coffee is another company that desires to help adoptive families. They also establish a dedicated website for the family and share part of the proceeds from products sold . Just Love Coffees micro-roasts specialty coffees from around the globe. Yum! Coffees click here
So...I'm asking for your help. Check out the websites and the products. I'm got a link for each here on the side of the blog or click on the links within this posting. If you like coffee, maybe you might try one. If you love the shirt designs, maybe you want one to wear.
HOWEVER, if none of this appeals to you, then DON"T buy anything!!! If your budget doesn't have any wiggle room, DON"T!
See, the other part of this picture is that we are not in dire need. I firmly believe that just like He has done so far, God will provide for all our needs. He will bring Hadassah home!
But I aslo believe that He wants me to learn how to ask for and receive help. So today, this is my baby step. I'm asking.
Hmmmm...wonder what my life might be like if I learn this asking lesson? Watch out world!
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment