Thursday, May 6, 2010

Loving My Birds!

(Please don't expect great insight today)

I have been in a battle with the squirrels this spring.  They have broken two of my bird feeders which has caused my declaration of war.

Both Christopher and I had grandmothers who loved birds.  In some silly way, I still feel connected to these ladies by feeding the birds and watching them each year.  We keep our bird feeders hung from the eaves of the house outside our breakfast areas windows so we can enjoy watching the birds during meal times.

The squirrels haven't touched my humming bird feeder but were determined to get the seeds out of our other two feeders.  They won.  Both were older and showing some wear when I hung them out this spring, but I didn't expect them to be under attack.

Ha ha!  I bought a new squirrel-proof feeder.  And yes, I relished hearing a squirrel attempt to jump on it this morning and crash on the deck (he was unharmed, just bruised pride).

This afternoon, I saw my first gold finch visitor.  Ahhhhh!  Loving it!  I'll have to see if I can capture a picture some day to share with you my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers