So the recap from the day -
Josiah and Elijah finished up their last day of school. Half day, grab a quick lunch, and head to the park to enjoy time with their friends. Well, that was the plan, but I was in a rush because I needed to be at Keziah's kindergarten graduation by 1:00. What to do? Fortunately, just as I was about to break their hearts and make them take their lunches on the road to kindergarten another family showed up and allowed me to leave my boys with them.
Dashing away, I made it just in time for the graduation ceremony. She was so proud today! Keziah had even made me wash up a dress she had worn on Monday so she could wear it again for her special day. We got to watch a PowerPoint slide show of pictures from the entire year. My little girl has really grown up!
Next adventure? Use Dad's truck to pick up the new bed for Hadassah!!!
Home again, home again, we started to work assembling the bed and Hadassah dresser. I finally hung some pictures on the walls. The girls' room is coming together! However Miranda did lament that we are still missing the most important thing - HADASSAH!
We kicked Caleb out of the house for awhile and made him go hunt for a summer job. Much needed life skills he needed to start learning. If you want money, you have to work. If you want to work, you need to get a job, and jobs don't just appear. He got to fill out applications and everything. LOTS of questions for Mom and Dad!
It was such a beautiful afternoon that we kicked the kids outside to play. First thing you know, Elijah had road rash on the elbow. While Dr. Mom was busy treating the patient, the doorbell rings. What NOW?
FedEx man! Nope, only wishing it was something adoption related. It was Caleb's passport with his visa to go to China. Yep - CHINA! I think I've failed to mention that while working like crazy to bring my six-year-old daughter home from China that I'm also sending my 16-year-old TO China for a special two-week young leaders tour thing. He's thrilled, and I'm panicked! But since the boy's passion is Chinese, we couldn't bring ourselves to say "No." He wants to study Chinese in college, only considers colleges and universities with Chinese (yes, he's only a sophomore and already they are courting him with tons of junk mail), and even talks of living there some day. Just a little added stress in my life!
Then before I knew it, Caleb was gone for the evening to spend time at school with friends watching the video club's production. When did he start growning up? Phone call later, "Can I go out to eat too?" I did say "Yes." This is good stuff , right? Beginning to spread his wings?
Life is just weird for us right now. I feel so much like I'm living at two ends of the spectrum. Next school year, I'll have five kids in five different schools and will be waiting to bring a sixth one into the mix. (Keziah can't wait for Hadassah to go to school with her.) I'm doing the high school thing at the same time I'm going to kindergarten graduation. Plus, I just don't feel like I "fit" with any of the parent groups. I'm not a new mom with little ones experiencing school for the first time. But I'm also not a mom preparing for an empty nest in just a few years.
Okay, totally didn't intend to go there. But none the less, life as a mom to our six kids (remember - five at home and one in China) just has some crazy days...almost every day! Days when I just can hardly keep up with all that needs doing, especially the stuff that never gets done.
Good night, all. Woke up tired and going to bed just the same.



No comments:
Post a Comment