Okay, I'm a few days late writing this, but it has been in my brain since Monday.
TWO WEEKS?! Seriously?
Having fun creating this blog has been very challenging, but I've been so proud of myself for discovering how to add all the cute little things I've noticed and liked about other people's blogs. I found the countdown ticker and added one for Hadassah. Christopher laughed at me and thought it was really ridiculous when it marked just a few days.
Monday, it shocked me as I noticed that it read two weeks. Okay, that is truly not very long. But that's part of my point here. Hadassah has been on my heart for so long that I forget at times that we just started paperchasing for our sweetheart. Then the reality of just how little time has passed since we started this journey.
We literally took FOREVER collecting our dossier for Keziah. We would start and then stop. It took us two years just to get serious, and then it took a full six months before our dossier was totally ready and in China. Our journey took three years before we brought our daughter home.
Now, I am fully aware that this was all part of God's perfect timing for our lives. But it is still mind boggling.
Now here we sit two weeks into another paperchase. This time it's not so scary. I know how and where to get documents. I'm assertive when asking for extra letters that I need from doctors (ex. - have to explain that I am fully recovered frommy surgery, c-section delivery of Caleb almost 16 years ago, and that it doesn't hinder my ability to parent). My kids are brave and understand that having a TB test ouch is required for bringing their sister home. I have document saved on my computer that I had to write for Keziah's adoption that serve as great templates for writing new versions for Hadassah. Compared to the first time, this is easy. In just two weeks, I've collected most of what we need for our homestudy and dossier. There are a few items that we are still waiting for, but the majority will be completed within one month of seeing her referral for the first time. We still need to complete our home study. Then our biggest hurdle is waiting for government appointments and approvals.
Before I know it, our dossier will be sitting in China! Truthfully, that translates to hoping everything will be ready within the three month deadline. But three months is such a short amount of time compared to three years!
Still there will be lots more waiting. But for now, I'm feeling such a rush. It all seems to be such a blur. So much to do in such a short amount of time.
Oooo! Speaking of time, gotta run! I have spackle, primer, and paint calling my name! Gotta get all these bedrooms ready. My little girl will be coming home soon, and we need to get the house ready for her arrival.
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment