Sunday, March 28, 2010

Advanced Planning

Two bedrooms painted. Two teenagers moving into their new rooms. Three kids waiting anxiously for me to finish painting their new spaces.

In the great Switcheroo Master Plan, Josiah and Elijah’s new combined bedroom is next for color transformation. Today they were a little zealous to move in as Caleb was moving out and tried to convince me that they wanted the color to stay the same. Uh, no. I did just finish painting Caleb’s old room last year, but I also had obliged him and painted one wall a dark, midnight blue. (However, I did refuse to paint it black.) Now with two boys and tons of furniture slated to take over the space, I definitely need to lighten up the wall color in the dungeon.

Keziah can’t wait for me to finish the basement bedroom for the boys, because she knows that her room in next! She proudly announces that Elijah’s room is hers. Ha, ha, ha! (sinister laugh) She will enter the room now painted two shades of blue, stand in the middle, twirl in a circle, and chant, “Pink! Pink! Pink!”

Today she spent most of the afternoon entertaining herself in the loft/playroom/her temporary bedroom. She was perfectly content, her imagination running wild. Late in the day she appeared in the new Caleb room. He had been busy moving furniture and stuff all afternoon. We had is futon made into a bed (gone is the sleeping bag he pirated away). The room looked good. Well, it officially looked good after Keziah came down to give it her stamp of approval.

Immediately she asked about her room. I reminded her that first I had to paint Josiah and Elijah’s room next week.

“Then Hadassah and my room! Hadassah come home?”

Oh, how much she wants her sister home! It is so hard to explain the stacks of paperwork and the months of waiting. “No, not yet.”

“Hadassah and I can’t sleep, we play Barbie, read books, all day and all night.”

Ah ha! Her plans have been discovered! She wants her room with her sister so they play. What a little stinker!

I coaxed Keziah out of Caleb’s room and down the hall to our bedroom. We hopped up on the bed. “Whose bedroom is up there?” I asked as I pointed to the ceiling.

You could see the light bulb explode above her sweet little head while I smiled, “We can hear everything.”

We chatted for a few minutes about how a grumpy and sleepy Mom and Dad would stomp upstairs to quiet little girl giggles that disturbed our sleep. Then she skipped off to play again.

Oh my sweet little Hadassah! Do you know little one how loved you already are? Your whole family is waiting with anticipation for your arrival. Our arms long to hold you, our eyes yearn to see you, and our hearts burst with love for you.

*** Funny painting aside – One day this past week as we discussed the painting schedule, Miranda looked and me and declared that this new room arrangement made so much sense that she had no idea why we hadn’t done this when we first moved in almost three years ago. Well, three years ago, we had only one girl who fit perfectly in the country blue and mauve heart bordered room. While two little boys who desperately wanted their own rooms fit perfectly in the loft bedrooms with the adjoining Jack and Jill bathroom. Caleb? He was happy with all the space and seclusion of his basement bedroom. Now our world has totally changed! The NEW bedroom plan now does make perfect sense ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers