Well, today Keziah made her delcaration - She wants to go to China to get her sister!
She's implied and hinted that she wanted to travel with us when Hadassah comes home. Most of the time, she talks about wanting to go just to eat some good Chinese food. But today while finishing her lunch she made sure that I knew in no uncertain terms. She's going!
I tried a practicall responses - It costs a lot of money!
Then I even got smart and reminded her that we would not be able to go to Fuling, her home.
No luck. She shot me down at every turn. This girl wants to go back to China. And she wants to come home with her sister.
Truthfully, we'd love to take all the kids with us. We've played it over in our minds so many different ways. Our trip to bring Keziah home was both hard and great. We missed our other four kids, but we had some great one-on-one time with Keziah. And she required our full attention! But it would still be a very different and wonderful experience to bring all the kids together as a family, have them all see and experience the beauty of the land of their younger sisters' birth.
Ahhh! But then there are issues with money and timing. With two in high school and one in middle school this fall, just taking off for two weeks in China isn't quite so easy. Grades are very important!
So here it is, God. I put it all in Your hands. I have no idea how this whole adoption thing is going to work out. Not a clue where the money will come from just to bring one child home, much less what will become of the other five when we need to travel. You hold time and space in Your hands. You own the cattle on a thousand hills. You know the balance in my checkbook and the schools' schedules for holiday breaks. You know my precious daughter, Hadassah. I'm calling, LORD. I'm asking. I'm ready to sit back and watch you do great and mighty things!
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment