Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Totally Forgot!

The blog counter is reading three weeks today.  Kinda glad I added that silly thing because I'm realizing that I've been so busy that I'm not counting days like I did with Keziah's adoption.  On March 5th, we submitted our E.A. (Electronic Acceptance) to adopt Hadassah.  That is like our first formal request to be considered as her potential family. 

The next step in the adoption process would be for us to receive a P.A. (Preliminary Approval) from China.  This is China's, "Okay, we'll think about it" answer.  It would mean that there is nothing glaring in the first few documents they reviewed that would disqualify our family.  Our complete dossier must be submitted for review before the final approval would be issued.  Months from now, when we finally receive the big YES, we can send our girl a care package and post her pictures for the world to see our sweetheart.

So this is the strangely funny part.  I've been so busy with the paperchase, kids home on Spring Break, painting rooms, and switching bedrooms that I totally forgot about counting the days since we submitted our EA until we receive our PA.  I didn't even list the PA on the side list of things we need before Hadassah can come home.  With Keziah's journey, I was counting not only the days but I think even the hours and minutes for everything.

What does that all mean?  I don't know!  I hesitate to say that I've achieved peace and contentment so it doesn't concern me.  Get real!  I'm painting bedrooms like a maniac as if she's coming home in the next month or two!  Maybe it's just that my focus is different this time?  Instead of focusing on the things that are totally out of my control, I'm chosing to focus on the things that I can do during this season of waiting.  Maybe I really am letting God handle the tough stuff for once? 

Well, now that I'm aware...it has been 10 days.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers