Okay, two adoptions...and this has happened two times...so I just need a moment to vent.
Doctor's offices! Ugh!
In order to complete our dossier and home study, both Christopher and I are required to have a physical exam and have our doctor’s complete a form and write a letter regarding any medications we take and previous surgeries. All of this has to be notarized. Surgeries? Well, Caleb, bless his little heart, came into this world 16 years ago as an emergency C-section. So my doctors are required to write letters stating that I am fully recovered and physically able to parent. Duh!
So why am I ranting?
With Keziah’s adoption, I struggled to get my Ob-Gyn to write that one little letter…quickly. I NEEDED that letter fast. Not in a week or so.
Now with Hadassah’s adoption, I’m struggling to get my doctor’s office to complete the form and write a letter regarding some medications that I take.
It’s nothing! I’m not dying or anything. Totally preventative meds just because I have a terrible family heart health history. My Dad having a heart attack at 49 is not a good thing, and the genetic predisposition for high cholesterol is not a good thing either. So now all my brothers and I take cholesterol meds…good thing…right?
Not such a good thing when I can’t get that form and letter!
First my file got misplaced. I had to call after a week just to see if the blood work was back. Now, I can’t get them to call me back about the letter and form. Christopher’s doctor has a notary in the office. Not mine. Which means I have to arrange a special time to bring in a notary to watch the form and letter be signed. This is totally holding up our home study, which delays filing with immigration for an important form required to complete our dossier. That form alone can take 90 days to process!
Maybe this isn’t such a big deal. Maybe a day or two…or week or two doesn’t seem like much. But this is my daughter! Every day, every week keeps her one more day or week or month from coming home.
Perspective…If I was a pregnant mom and walked into my doctor’s office in labor, water broken, fully dilated, they would move at lightning speed to help me. Trust me…I know this. Josiah came very fast. Elijah’s delivery panicked the poor nurse while the doctor was stuck in traffic. People jump to attention when a woman is having labor pains.
Paper chasing may not seem as urgent as physical labor pains…but this labor is just as real, just as intense, and at times just as painful. The emotional pain involved with the struggles and challenges of adoption is just as overwhelming at times as the physical pain I experienced giving birth to four of our kids. Adoption is not the “easy” option.
So today, I’m ranting and venting.
Please, Lord, help me, again, trust Your wisdom and timing in all things…even doctor’s offices and paperwork. And be with my baby girl during this time when I cannot…protect her and love on her for me.
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment