Okay, if you don't know our history, we were really slow in our paper chase for Keziah. Like record breakingly slow. We would start and then stop. Life kept happening, kept getting in the way. How slow, you ask? We started paper chasing in 2006. Our agency just about gave up on us and told us to get with it or get out. So we entered 2008 with a non-stop push to finish. Still our dossier wasn't completed and in China until late June. (History lesson available on our website www.onemorewade.com)
So here we are starting the process all over again to bring Hadassah home. Though I'm not yet driving all over town like a maniac yet, I have been working diligently. I’m scheduling appointment, making phone calls, filling out forms, etc. I’ve even warned the kids that they get to enjoy TB tests over Spring Break next week! I’ve even had to wait before really rushing because our agency was drafting new dossier guidelines. In fact, I haven’t received them yet. Should get that email, hot off the presses later today.
Well, evidently God wants us to know without a doubt that we need to hurry up and get our daughter home. Our agency called today. China gave them 48 hours to have any families reviewing referral files submit an Electronic Acceptance (EA). That means we have less than 24 hours to gather all the needed paperwork, complete all the required forms, pay another fee, and send it all to our agency. After our EA is accepted, our dossier needs to be completed within three months.
Did you catch all that?
We had not been rushing to submit the EA because once we did the three month clock started ticking. Now China will give families an extension if they need one sometimes. But still, there is a deadline. The clock is ticking. THREE MONTHS! Last time it took me almost two months and multiple copies of our marriage certificate to convince Homeland Security that we were married. Even the state we were married in rejected that silly marriage certificate the first time. It took two copies to get them to verify that we were married. THREE MONTHS! How am I going to complete all of this in three months?
(Deep breath)
Oh, and God, have we talked about financing this yet…today? Lord, do you remember that this was not on our plan but Yours? So I’m asking again, Father, show us big and bold, loud and proud what Your adoption financing plan looks like! Let me shout it from the rooftops! Let the glory all be Yours! You have a precious, little Sweetheart, whom I call Hadassah, and You love her so much! Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of becoming her family.
What a ride this journey will be! “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:8
8 years ago



God must have a pretty special plan for Hadassah. May He receive all the glory for the path her life takes.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't already know her, you might enjoy checking out Hearts at Home founder, Jill Savage's blog. She and her husband adopted a 9 year old from Russia 7 years ago. They have 4 biological children, too. It's quite a story as to how God provided the finances for his adoption. www.jillsavage.org