I've been inspired by a cyber-friend who is attempting to post on her blog every day. So we'll see how long I can keep this up. Entries may be short and sweet and often photo free.
Today's big news - Hadassah started taking piano lessons!!!
Again from the bloggy world, I was inspired when I watched video of the piano recital of another sweet little girl who probably came home shortly before Hadassah did. After just a couple of months home her family allowed her to start taking lessons.
Well...Hadassah has been BEGGING to play the piano almost from day one. She has cried almost weekly when Elijah and Keziah went to their lessons.
Elijah has already been taking piano lessons for three years so he met the mama required two years before you can switch instruments. (Call me crazy, but I hate it when someone can play the guitar or drums and can't read music.) His passion has been to follow in his drummer Daddy's percussion foot steps.
Sooooooo...we decided to let him switch to drums this summer...which meant that he'd be leaving his piano time slot open!
I managed to persuade their piano teacher to take on a new challenge - teach a tiny, Chinglish speaking, doesn't read or even know her ABC's quite yet, sweetheart to play the piano.
Wish I did have a picture of the ear to ear smile on my little girl's face when I came to get her after she finished her lesson. She is so happy!
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment