Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Resignation

I am known to frequently inform Christopher that I am resigning from my position as the mama, but today it's a different kind of resignation that I'm thinking about.


So are you sick of hearing about our potty training woes?

I can tell you that I am definitely sick of living them!

So in a nut shell, we haven't made any progress. I have been bugging our doctor because I began to panic. In my mind, we need to get this all solved by the end of summer so that it is not an issue when she starts school in the fall. Makes sense, right?

So I reported in to the doctor's office via faxed note after trying our pediatrician's last suggestion - UNDERWEAR! So after shampooing carpets and upholstery throughout the house and charting just what was really happening on a daily basis, my note must have sounded pretty desparate. The doctor is out of the office for a few weeks, but one of the nurse practitioners took pity on me. FINALLY, we were referred to the local children's hospital's G.I. clinic!

Woo-hoo!!

Why so excited? Because I feel like we might finally get somewhere if we first know without a doubt that there is or is not a physical component. I want to know IF all parts are working correctly. Once we have eliminated all possible obsticales, then we can focus better on any adoption/adjustment related issues.

All excitement died once I learned when the FIRST AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT we had been scheduled for...August 4th!

So name the emotion and I probably felt it today - anger, frustration, grief, etc.

So after stomping my feet and shedding a few tears, I've reached the point of resignation. I've done all I could to get us to this point. I can't change where we are. I can't make time move faster or slower. So, we'll just take each day as it comes.

The pottying challenges have been HUGE! It affects our everyday life and choices that we make about what we can and can not do. I'm still very concerned about how her "status" will affect schooling in the fall. We'll just have to keep plugging along and try setting realistic goals for now. Self care will need to become our focus and top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers