Thursday, June 16, 2011

Schedule

I tried to write a post last night and ran out of time to finish it. 

Enjoying one small piece of my insanely busy life. 

Life as a "stay at home mom" gets me down sometimes.  No one cares how smart I used to be, what my college degree says, or what jobs I used to do.  No one cares about the hours it takes to manage the small Wade World "corporation".  No one cares about all the unpaid, volunteer work I do.  I don't have a job, a title, or a paycheck so I often get dismissed as JUST a homemaker.

A couple of days ago I was on the phone with a doctor's office that needed to schedule an appointment.  I'm pouring over my calendar trying to find time available. 

"In the next two weeks, these three days are available at this specific hour." - Uhm, no, that wasn't the doctor's receptionist speaking.  That was me!  My calendar is so jam packed that I'm now informing doctor's when they will be able to see me instead of the other way around!

Gotta run...literally.  The day and my SUV are calling.  Life is crazy, but my kids are really enjoying all the stuff they are doing, except Caleb and his required-for-graduation summer school class.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. All I do is homeschool my teenaged autistic child and manage my little kingdom. Our daughter says my life is boring, maybe, but when I decided to be a parent I meant to give it my all.

    We recently had Jordan evaluated for educational progress (our state requires this every odd numbered school year) and the lady told me I was doing a great job! It was such a little thing but it made my day.

    Keep up the good work, you are doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

Followers