After a trip to China in January and a bunch of etc., Mother's Day and Father's Day just haven't been a big whoop-de-do in Wade world. Add in our responsibilities leading children's worship on Sunday mornings and we're just exhausted.
For Mother's Day, I just wanted a nap and no big cooking. I let Christopher grill chicken breasts. Now his Father's Day card had something to do with grilling since our dinner back in May ended up looking like a burnt offering.
Father's Day plans were just about as non-grand. We had the priviledge of eating out for dinner (No Daddy grilling! :) ). Relaxed around the house for a few hours after church. Caleb had to work that night. Nothing too big.
BUT!
My Dad had a riding lawn mower that he hadn't been using. He wanted to part with it and get it out of his garage.
Our riding mower is just about dead. Christopher has been plotting and planning just how long he can keep it going, but the kids have been petitioning for him to bury it and buy a new one for two years.
TA-DAH! What a fantastic not-really-a-Father's-Day gift!
The only catch being that Christopher needed to pick it up, load it in his truck, and unload it at our house.
(see the part about Caleb working?)
Christopher and our two growing but still the "little" boys took on the adventure!
Then the adventure took out Christopher's back...
...Lots of Advil is not working. It is only getting worse. Real men don't complain; they just tell macho stories at work so this posting is probably breaking some marital rule.
Tonight, exhausted from a long busy day and terribly sore, my sweet hubby collapsed into bed.
Me? I still have laundry that has to be done by morning for one kiddo's summer school field trip, birthday cupcakes for Miranda's 15th birthday tomorrow to bake and frost, and one little Chinese princess who was still eating dinner at almost 10:00pm (late dinner didn't start until after 8:00pm because we went swimming for the last hour the pool was open tonight).
Happy that my hubby has a new toy. (Yes, of course he played with it last night!) I just wish I had my hubby back. Single parenting is tough! It's not a job I want.
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment