Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mobile Me

Sooooooo tired tonight!

Frustrating part though is that I don't feel like I did anything today...except drive...and drive...and drive some more.  Oh, but we aren't on a trip or vacation!  I'm just driving kiddos in circles. 

June is just a CRAZY BUSY month! 

I've got three in summer school.  Let me edit that - I have three kids taking summer school classes at three different schools all over town. 

Thankfully, Caleb is able to drive himself to and from school and work.  That about sums up Caleb's entire life this summer.  We rarely see that child because he's usually working.  Even a sibling or two has commented that it won't be so hard now when he goes to college and moves out on his own because they see so little of him now.

Christopher and I split morning driving duty because Josiah has to be on the north side of town and Miranda has to be on the south side of town, both at 8:00am.  There are a lot of things I can do as a Super Mom, but I haven't discovered how to be in two different locations at one time.

Then the fun really started!

Elijah is participating in an all day tae kwon do camp which starts at 9:00am.  Josiah has to be picked up at 10:00am (he usually gets done early so I get the impatient phone call at 9:57am "Where are you, Mom?").  Miranda's done between 10:00 and 10:30am.  Pick up Elijah on Tuesday and Thursday for a special study session with one of our favorite teachers by 11:00am.  Grabbed the kids some lunch to eat in the car and snagged Elijah at noon so we could get him back to TKD wonderland.  Oooops!  Almost forgot to drop off Miranda at the elementary school where she is tutoring/helping in a 3rd grade classroom.

Now that it is almost 1:00pm, go home to catch my breath and let the little girls and Josiah get out of the SUV!  Ahhhhh!  Sitting down...after tossing in another load of laundry...with phone in hand and computer screen in my face to spend this precious time chatting with doctor's offices and the insurance company.  Don't worry!  Nothing major!  Just the pleasure of managing a household of eight people - doctors, dentists, orthodontist, etc.  But seriously, I'm on the phone until it is time to round up the troops again!

At 2:25pm I start "encouraging" everyone to get ready to leave.  I outlined everything they needed to do, have, or get and where we would be going.  I planned to be in the car, backing out of the driveway no later than 2:45pm.  Unfortunately, I live with some very slow moving little girls who surely have cotton stuffed in their ears when it comes to mom's to do list.  Dashing and rushing away we go in an attempt to get to Elijah before 3:00pm. 

Fortunately/unfortunately, he is also slow moving gathering up all his stuff.  So off I drive again to pick up Miranda from her school work at 3:30.  But I couldn't find her flute and music in her room for her lesson, so we rush home, again.  Now drop Josiah off at his 4:00pm violin lesson.  Drive to her 4:30pm flute lesson a little early.  Flip back to pick up Josiah when his lesson ends at 4:30pm.  Back to wait for Miranda to finish up around 5:00pm.  Then drive the boys to a really cool rocket science camp-thing starting at 5:30pm. 

By the time I bring the girls back home so I can add the finishing touches to dinner simmering in the crockpot all day, I am exhausted!  Still, gotta feed people.  (Thank you, God, for my crockpot and my rice cooker.  Love those appliances!)  Dinner finally on the table for a reduced family as Christopher strolls in after he did the fall football team sign-up meeting for me.  Eat!

Now Christopher goes back to get the boys when their class ends at 8:30pm, while I wait for two little Chinese girls to finish eating.  But I made rice tonight, so the two of them are eating, and eating, and eating.  I don't know if I'll have enough leftovers for Caleb now that his littlest sisters chowed down. 

Baths and showers, teeth brushed, and girls in bed...late again.  9:30pm is not really their bed time!  Wishing right now that it was mine.  Ah, but Caleb won't get off work until 10:30pm, wait for him to get home, do the final checks, and then I'll get to fall down to try to get some sleep.

Hey!  The girls and I are excited right now!  Miranda doesn't have her morning class tomorrow so they can all sleep in a little bit.  Hmmmm...but the Mama still has to get up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers