Friday, October 29, 2010

Three Things Today

1.  Today is Friday.  The care package we had sent to Hadassah Peiwu should have arrived by today.  Driving down the road this afternoon, the thought suddenly hit me that at 3:00am or 4:00am my sweet little girl might just be sleeping with her new doll cuddled up with her.  Or maybe someone read one of the new books to her tonight.  I may never know if she received these simple gifts, but across miles and miles I dream of her and hope that in some small way she knows that strangers a world away care about her...love her.

2.  Ordered Chinese delivery for a basement picnic and a movie night with our three youngest at home.  Movie - new version of "The Karate Kid"!  Even though we had seen it before at the theater, it got to me again.  The scene in the film where Jaden Smith's character Dre breaks down with his mom after one week living in China rips my heart out.  I held my little girl in my arms while she screamed at me in Chinese, while she grieved loosing everything she knew.  (Now she watches the movie and won't stop talking!)  I turned to Christopher with tears running down my face and whispered, "We're about ready to do this same thing...again."  This is the part I hate the most.  Loving my girls, doing what I know in my heart is best for them and for their future means hurting them so much in the present.

3.  My Chinese fortune cookie tonight - "Laughter has no foreign accent."  Just a little reminder of how I reach out to my little peanut.  Blowing bubbles and giggling with my girl, pink polished finger nails, balloon sword fights, Play-Doh creations, eating ice cream - this is how we connected with Keziah Huidong.  Can't wait to discover what Hadassah Peiwu enjoys doing with her silly new parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers