Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One More Time Around the Block

Remember last week when I was soooooo excited about getting our fingerrpint appointment notifications?

Well, since Friday, I learned that we MIGHT be able to go early and still have our fingerprints done.  So last night we decided to give it a try today. 

Christopher, our two little boys who are out of school, and I drove the one hour trip to the Homeland Security office where we needed to be fingerprinted.  I bopped by McD's to grab the boys lunch on the go.  They had books to read while we waited, and so did I.

Perfect planning!

Uh-oh!

You see, when the first notification arrived that the government had received our paperwork.  We got one letter that covered the application for both of us.  So when one letter arrived to notify us of OUR fingerprint appointment, it never crossed my mind that if was just for ME.  I didn't have a letter for Christopher.

I'll give you one guess what happened! 

Yep!  Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  No Letter = No Go!

One more guessing game...what came in the mail today?

Two for two!  His letter arrived!

Yes, he still loves me.  But now he'll have to take off work AGAIN and drive another TWO hour round trip to have his fingerprints done.

Adoption...what a ride! 

Hadassah, some day we're going to sit around the family's holiday dinner table telling your story and laugh until our sides hurt!  Love you sooooo much!!!  I'll drive in circles and travel half-way around the world to hold you in my arms.  (Don't even get me started on how much I'm dreading that flight!)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Let's pray this fingerprint ride is productive! Thanks so much for your encouraging notes; they mean the world! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad yall are able to go in early our office in Houston does not allow it :( so we have to wait for our turn.

    ReplyDelete

Followers