No, the NFL lock-out has not been resolved.
Yet here I am again gearing up for another season of watching my boy play one of his favorite sports (not his mama's favorite sports to watch him play...that's my baby boy out there getting knocked around).
Monday night was equipment pick-up night!
Now, I am thankful in a lot of ways that the league he plays in provides equipment for the boys so we don't have to keep buying shoulder pads, helments, and such as he grows more and more each year.
HOWEVER, after each season, I wash up his WHITE practice pants and padding until they are gleaming white and turn them back in. Each year we pick-up nasty, dirty, sometimes blood stained, yucky, stinky, formerly white, practice pants and other equipment. I soak and wash the pants until they are pretty white again. My boys take all other equipment and a cannister of Clorox wipes out on the deck to scrub and clean.
WHY?!?
Why don't people clean the equipment?
How can they turn this stuff in so flithy?
Sorry, it is just beyond my understanding. I can't imagine passing yucky stuff onto another child to use. I want to give the next child to use my boy's equipment something clean and in good repair...just like what I desire for my son.
Stepping down from my soap box.
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment