Some photos from January that I didn't post before...
Christopher makes fun of me sometimes for my crazy photography.
I gave myself permission to take pictures of stuff I like when we traveled in 2009 to China. Not just pictures with people, but all the things I see - architecture, and statues, and rocks, etc. I've enjoyed not only watching them scroll as the screen saver on my computer, but also printing them, often in black and white, and using them to decorate around the house.
My fascination with laundry pictures really annoyed Christopher, "Would you want people taking pictures of your laundry?" But I just loved the colors dancing in the breeze and the contrast of modern buildings with laundry hanging out to dry. Laundry seemed to be everywhere in China, even hanging from the trees sometimes.
Also it made me ponder how our family would survive if we had to hang our laundry out the window to dry?
Our family of eight produces a LOT of dirty clothes! Three to five loads of laundry per day is just normal washing to survive. Even turning over my washer and dryer on the weekends so Miranda and Caleb can wash their own clothes hasn't reduced my work too much (especially since I often have to nag them to get them to actually wash their clothes).
Well...this week...I'm discovering just what Wade World's Chinese Laundry looks like!
Fifteen months ago, I tried to effectively communicate to the salesperson that I NEEDED a RELIABLE washer and DRYER. I do not have time to wait for a repairman! Laundromat adventures do not fit into my schedule!
Evidentally, my dryer was not listening. It stopped drying last week. The repairman can't come until Friday.
Last Friday, I took all six kids to the laundromat to wash an dry at least 15 loads (including Caleb and Miranda's laundry). Total time = 3 hours. Cost? Way too much! So I'm trying to keep up with laundry this week. I have our drying rack covered and doorways filled with hangers and damp clothes. I will have to go back to the laundromat to dry towels and sheets, but we are surviving!
The fun never stops!
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment