Monday, December 27, 2010

M.I.A.

Sorry, Bloggy World!  This past week just didn't leave much time for blogging.  I'll try to catch you up, but it may take a couple or more entries.

First of all, we leave for China in just 10 days! 

Oh yeah!  That alone is enough to make life crazy.  Then you throw in the holidays, and now I've totally lost my mind. 

I haven't completed all my painting projects yet.  Still want to paint the hallway and the dining room this week.  Last week I was trying to finish the main floor bathroom that Caleb uses as his.  That monster took far too long!  Wallpaper!  Yuck!  Removing it just destroyed the wallboard in so many spots that I gave up on having a nice smooth finish...unless we hired an handyman to install new sheet rock over the existing mess.  Spending more money and worrying about how long that might take or what additional problems we might find just didn't appeal to me.  So I decided to texturize the walls.  Brushing on the textured look took hours and hours.  Then I primed and painted the walls on Christmas Eve day.  With the "Peanut Butter" color I had chosen, the textured walls now look like I was attempting a southwestern adobe look.  I still need Christopher to hang all the new towel bars, and I need to purchase frames to hang the photos/artwork to finish the room.  Since Caleb is studying Chinese, hopes to study Chinese in college, and went to China this past summer, I'm using pics I took during our 2009 trip to decorate his bath.  Loving the idea!  Can't wait to finally see it finished!

Other stuff from las week...uhm....December 18th was my birthday.  Since I share my birthday season with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, it kind of changes how I choose to celebrate.  One of our favorite family traditions is to travel to the downtown area and enjoy all the Christmas decorations.  In past years, we would eat a special dinner at a Japanese restaurant.  This year, we choose one of our favorite Chinese restaurants.

So here are some pics of all our fun. 

Waiting in line to see Santa.
Two years later,
and she can still get Baba to carry her.

 I-phones easing the wait.

Even Dad started to watch a movie with the kids.
It was a LONG wait.

 The end is in sight!

 Entering through the "magic portal"

 Little ones and bigger ones enjoyed playtime together.

 Sassy with her brother even on the slide.

 Gathering for a photo with Santa

 My five kiddos!
(next year, all SIX will be home)

 A "Robo Santa" from days gone by

 Meeting a modern day "Robo Santa"

 Enjoying the beautiful lights!

Watching the carriages, the kids beg to hear our engagement story.
December 29, 1989, Christopher proposed on a carriage ride through the beautifully lit city streets.
In 2011, we will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.


It's my birthday, so I can take pictures of pretty stuff I like!
 Underneath a hanging Christmas tree

 Window display marching band flutist for my Miranda

Christopher had to stop by Apple Store 

 My kind of Teddy Bears...GO CHIEFS!!!

The Christmas tree at the Chinese restaurant

I'll post Christmas stuff later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers