Friday, December 10, 2010

Gingerbread House Project

So what has been keeping me busy during this week of waiting? 

(Oh yeah!  So glad that long wait is over!  One month until we get to hold our littlest princess in our arms!)

GINGERBREAD HOUSES!!!!

We calculated that this is the 11th year that I've been baking houses for the kids' private school.  What started small has become a beloved annual tradition for the whole school. 

Now remember it is a very, small school so there are only about 25-30 kids in the entire school each year.  Every year I bake and assemble a house for each child.  The kids donate decorating supplies.  Then the fun begins! 

I remembered to bring my camera and take pictures this year!  Enjoy...

Naked houses ready to transport

 The BIG kids' work area

Can you smell the sugar?

Decorating supplies on table #1

Decorating supplies on table #2

Keziah at work

Elijah considering his design

Sugar cube creation under construction

Th little toadstool turned chimney on top of this one was just too cute!

 I think Keziah ate more chocoalte than she put on her house!

Caught ya! 
Covered in icing and chewing on chocolate!

What, Ma?

 House tour by the designer

Candy cane heart creation

Marshmallow pattern on the rooftop

Decorator bag filled with icing and working hard!
I remind the boys every year that some of the world's greatest pastry chefs are men. 

What next?

Beautiful and creative creations 

Each one is unique

Did you notice the green trout on the BBQ grill out back?
Mr. Gingerbread Man is going out to check on dinner.

Snow fort?

Loved the Starlight Mint, circular chimney!
And the Rock Candy stone pathway trimmed in Twizzlers to the Hershey's Chocolate Bar door with a Tootsie Roll wood pile ready for that cozy fire!

These candy shingles look fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. Those were some creative kids! Wow! I cannot imagine the mess afterwards, or the sugar highs that ensued! I'm sure their moms were just delighted as the kids bounced off the walls when they got home from school :-)

    Thanks for sharing your gift of making houses with those kids...I know it was memorable for them!

    ReplyDelete

Followers