Monday, April 19, 2010

Making Room

I took a break from painting last week.
The older four haven't quite settled into their new spaces so things are topsy-turvy everywhere. Elijah, especially, has lots of stuff lingering in the future girls’ room. I’m really not excited about painting with tiny Lego pieces scattered on the floor. The thought of one of these grinding into my knee from underneath a drop cloth is painful.

Josiah had emptied his bathroom drawer, and Keziah has enjoyed using the new girl only bathroom space. Now she gets to take a shower like a big girl instead of a bath. She also had a new sink area for brushing teeth and fixing her hair. However, Elijah’s stuff remained in the second drawer until tonight.

After Keziah’s shower, I could hear Miranda and Keziah upstairs squabbling over something when they should have been brushing teeth and heading to bed. Up I went to discover what all the commotion was about.

Drawer space, cabinets, and hair-do-dads!

Keziah was rearranging her drawer. She had moved her things into Elijah’s emptied drawer. She was trying to move all her pony tail holder, bows, and barrettes into this small drawer too. Miranda was attempting to reason with her that all accessories needed to stay in the cabinet where there was more space for them.

What a ruckus!

Why was this an issue tonight? Keziah was determined to make room for Hadassah’s things. She didn’t want anything in the cabinets because she wanted to make sure Hadassah had room for her towels (which, by the way, should all be purple because Keziah has declared that Hadassah’s favorite color…and pink too). She needs a brush, comb, toothbrush, the whole works!

Oh, Father God! As Christopher and I sat tonight talking through different possible time frames for bringing Hadassah home, I’m just not sure Keziah could wait a whole year from now. Waiting until December or January will be tough on her…and would take a few miracles on Your part. I’m trusting You, Lord, to bring our daughter and sister home in Your perfect time, but please remember that one little girl really wants her sister home…NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers