Thursday, February 24, 2011

Showdown at the OK Corral...

....or at least in Wade World between Hadassah Peiwu and I. I took off her pants while we are here at home. I'm tired of diapers instead of pull-ups. Even though they "fit" her size-wise, diapers leave marks on her sides. However, once we'd had an "accident" it is too hard to strip off all her Chinese layers (must have on a minimum of tights and pants at all times) to put a pull-up back on. So she's mad at me a crying because we are going pant-less for a few hours and hoping that she will TELL me when she has to go. Crossing my fingers!!!

Oh, and I'm washing sheets again today! Nighttime pull-ups only hold so much!  Yesterday, I stripped the bed to wash sheets and then went shopping!  I already had two waterproof mattress pads on the bed, but I hadn't yet double made the bed. 

Sounds crazy, I know, but I started doing this trick when Caleb was little because he had such bad allergies that he would projectile vomit all over everything all the time.  Who wants to remake a bed late at night???  I would just strip off the top layer and toss it in the washing machine, but underneath would be the fresh second layer all ready to snuggle back down to sleep.

So I found some cute pink sheets at Target with a 350 thread count.  Why do I worry about thread count?  KEZIAH!!!  When Keziah first came home, she and Miranda shared the queen-sized bed that used to be Christopher and mine...complete with higher thread count sheets.  Totally ruined that girl!  When she moved to her own twin bed, she complained about the cute, girlie sheets because they itched.  Finding twin-sized sheets (cheap) with anything higher than 300 is difficult.  Originally all I could find for Keziah was white.  PINK!  Totally shocked and surprised by pink.  Now they are only 350, not 400 or 600, but they do feel nice so I bought a set for both girls.  Washed the new sheets and double made both beds.

Oh, but I forgot to mention that while Miranda was playing with Hadassah Peiwu, she got an accidental headbutt to the nose.  BLOOD!  Everywhere!  Or at least on the sheets!!!  So I also got to wash Miranda's sheets yesterday and help make her bed.

Have I mentioned that I hate making beds?

I'm thinking Hadassah Peiwu is going to start getting up with the masses instead of sleeping in until the chaos dies down each morning.  I'll take morning grumpiess over wet sheets.



.

1 comment:

  1. I think I am all caught up on the goings on around Wade's world. :) hope the transition continues to be smooth! double making the bed ... that would have been good info a few months ago. There were many nights I was up changing sheets, sigh ...
    Can't wait to hear and see more ... your girls look so beautiful together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers