Maybe if we had more guests in our home, like my hospitality-gifted husband and social butterfly children dream of, this might not have been quite so shocking today. We had a Green Team Window Cleaning company wash all our windows inside and out today (FABULOUS job on our FILTHY windows!). As the owner was settling the bill with Christopher, he complimented us on our family. Uhm...they arrived ...
promptly at 8:00am as I was dashing off to school with the youngest trio and only kids left at home. Soooooo...they didn't really get to see the whole crew? He commented about how they clean in so many beautiful, large homes filled with emptiness, but here in our cluttered, chaotic home he saw more than just our dirty windows. He got a glimpse of the family that LIVES here. Artwork/home decor in our home falls into four basic categories - 1. photos of our kids (LOTS of pix), 2. artwork with scripture included in the piece, 3. Chinese artwork gathered from our two adoption trips, and 4. the latest addition is personal photos taken as we've traveled. Our life is messy. Days are hard and long more often than I'd choose. But I guess the one thing I don't often stop to realize is that in the midst of it all two things cover our walls, fill our home, and define of lives - 1. our love for our family, and 2. the love our Father God has for us.



No comments:
Post a Comment