One recent Saturday was crazy busy as usual! My boys were off on a Boy Scout weekend camping trip (Dad included). Josiah was sneaking away just long enough to join his soccer team.
Miranda had a full day of marching band competition.
So the two little girls and I spent our day shuttling around to be supportive.
It was the first REALLY COLD day!
I knew that the only way my little princesses would survive the day (and the only way my sanity would survive the whining) would be for me to bundle them up well in multiple layers...
tights
leggings
socks
fleece pants
turtleneck shirt
long-sleeve shirt
hoodie
warm winter coat
hat
gloves
As I helped to dress both girls, my mind wandered back to meeting each of them for the first time in China. I remembered what they each were wearing and how many layers of clothing we peeled off for their first baths.
What sweet and precious memories!
Keziah 2009
(had to include those beloved RED BOOTS)
Peiwu 2011
WARNING to all my kids - I will now be the perfect Chinese AMERICAN Grandma (Nai-nai)! I will forever be scolding you to cover up my grandbabies, put more clothes on them, and keep them warm. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment