Thursday, February 9, 2012

Grouchy Mama

Stress and exhaustion aren't a good combination, at least not for this mama.

Christopher is still slowly recovering from his surgery last month.  He's gone back to work, but his energy level is still low.  He gets really sore and tired at work so that when he comes home, he really needs to rest. He is able to help more with transporting the younger three to school and is awake now in the morning so we can tag-team to get everyone off and running.

I'm still waiting for life to get back to "normal".  Life started spinning out of control right before Halloween and just hasn't quite settled down yet.  We are fine, but I just long to stop feeling like I'm drowning in life and take a deep breath.

My poor kids are suffering I fear.  Of course, they are also doing a great job of pushing all my buttons!

Hadassah's pokey-ness about everything has been maddening this week.  Every moment of the day is a battle to motivate this girl to move.  Keziah feeds on weakness!  She pushes every limit.  Ugh!  Oh, and I think all the kids are just determined to irritate and annoy each other on a daily basis,  Caleb and Miranda start their performance weekend in the school musical on Thursday night.  Life is just non-stop 24/7!

I need a break...or I may reach my breaking point sooner than later!

Christopher decided that I should run away from home to a children's ministry conference at the end of the month.  At this moment, I am hardly able to plan much for this trip.  I'm just living from moment to moment (or crisis to crisis).

Gonna call it a night so I can rest a bit before the next day takes off.

1 comment:

  1. I have decided that there needs to be a Camp Mommy! I would fill it with swimming, hot tubs, massages, good (but healthy)food, cafts and games if you wish, and a cone of silence where no one can talk.

    ReplyDelete

Followers